- BECC – Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in a Changing Climate (Håkan Pleijel is coordinator for this strategic research area at the University of Gothenburg)
- MERGE – Modelling the Regional and Global Earth system (Johan Uddling represents the department in this strategic research area)
- IMPRESS – Integrating Microorganisms into Predictive Models of Carbon Sequestrations in Soils. Annemieke Gärdenäs is one of 10 core members of the strong research environment funded by The Swedish Research Council Formas, with PI Björn Lindahl at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
- IPCC – The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Working Group II (Ulf Molau, Lead author on the Fifth Assessment Report on Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability in 2014 and the special report on The Oceans and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate in 2018)
- The scientific board for biodiversity and ecosystem services of the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency, linking to the CBD (Convention on Biological Diversity) and the IPBES (Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Ecosystem Services and Biodiversity) (Johan Uddling & Ulf Molau)
- Swedish Clean Air and Climate Research Program (SCAC). WP 3. Climate and carbon cycle impacts of short lived climate forcers. Project Forest ozone exposure and effects on carbon sequestration (Per-Erik Karlsson & Håkan Pleijel; research programme funded by the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency)
- The Swedish Throughfall Monitoring Network (SWETHRO; Per-Erik Karlsson; funded by regional air quality protection associations, county administrative boards and the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency)